I should be giving you a blog post on the wonderful work that the Dog Trust do and how we should all help pooches and how I nearly got Rufus a new friend. I can tell you to go and help the pooches but I can only give you a sentence. I was due to go to my local Dogs Trust Centre on Sunday but, the wonderful October flu hit me on Saturday morning and I’ve been festering on my sofa ever since. I went to the doctors on Monday morning who diagnosed me with a sinus and ear infection and £8.20 later, I left with a bag full of antibiotics. I feel like a child with my ear infection but it’s actually a killer and makes me want to cry a bit. Not to mention trying to rest when you’ve got an excited puppy with you. As I write this, I’m currently laying on my sofa covered in all of Rufus’ dog toys and him.
So, as I sit here watching Homes Under the Hammer and Bargain Hunt surrounded my tissues, cups of tea and Rufus cuddles, I thought I’d try and do some sort of inspirational blog post to make me and maybe yourselves feel a little better. Whenever I’m having a down day, I usually go to Pinterest to make me feel a little bit better and more empowered. There’s something about reading quotes on a pretty background, in big writing that makes you feel a lot better. I’ve got a board of my favourite quotes here and here are a few of them which’ll always get me out of my rut and feeling 10 times sassier
- Be a flamingo in a flock of pigeons
- Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will
- Tell me I can’t, and I will. Watch me.
- Stopping putting in an effort to those who show no effort towards you. There’s only so much you can do before wasting your time and energy.
- All of life’s solutions are in a tea bag.
- Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing.
- If it doesn’t make you feel fabulous, don’t do it; don’t buy it; don’t keep it.
- Be somebody who makes everybody else feel like a somebody.
- Marry the one who gives you the same feeling as when you see your food coming in a restaurant.
- One of the happiest moments in life is when you let go of the things you can’t change.
- Great things don’t come from comfort zones.
- Put your positive pants on.
- Broken crayons still colour.
- If it doesn’t challenge you it won’t change you.
- Your mistakes don’t define you.
It’s quotes like these that will always make me feel better after a really crappy day in the office. Even writing them down now has made me feel a bit better. So, now I have a bit more strength to lift myself from the sofa/Rufus’ den and put the kettle on, I hope they will provide you with a little something to make your day a bit better!