This is one post I was really, really excited to write.
My little dog has turned 2! Seeing it written down, it seems like no time at all has passed since Rufus entered our lives but at the same time, I can’t imagine my life without him. He really is best friend at my feet and fills my heart and life with so much love.
To celebrate, we (lol, read as I) decided to throw him a little party. I’ve really got back into my baking so decided to try my hand at some pupcakes. I based the recipe on the same as my dog biscuits here but added a little water and baking powder to make it more of a cake mixture.
I write about Rufus a lot of my blog. But, there’s not a lot that people know about him. it seemed theperfect opportunity to get to know him more:
- Rufus is a tibetan/west highland terrier cross. His Mum is a westie and his Dad is a Tibetan terrier. He does look more like a westie and often gets mistaken for a Cairn terrier. Personality wise, he’s more of a tibetean. He loves cuddling up on the sofa, he follows me everywhere and occasionally yodels like a tibetan too.
- Rufus has a bent tail. A quarter of his tail is a right angle which is why it looks so fluffy. His tail got stuck in his Mum’s birth canal when he was born. It doesn’t cause him any pain and I forget that dogs are meant to have a straight tail at times
- He is the clumsiest dog I have ever met. He often walks into doors, trips over his feet and falls off things. We were awful at training as I’m one of the clumsiest people going too.
- His 3 favourite things in the world are tuna, tennis balls and my Mum and Dad’s back garden. I honestly think it’s his happy place as he always gets excited when we pull up outside their house.
- He hates water. We’ve tried to get him to go swimming so many times but it’s not worked so far. Its only resulted in very wet jeans and a very grumpy dog!
- He receives more post than me. My neighbour is under the impression that I order things in his name or Rufus has his own debit card.
- Rufus’s nickname is mostly Rupus or Roo. Rupus came from my nephew who couldn’t say his name at first. We also refer to him as Rufus Hound a lot too.
- He’s very much a princess. He falls out with me every time I go away and falls out with me when I need some space and sit on a sofa. He also falls out with me when I visit my parents without him. I am convinced he thinks the world revolves around him.
Don’t forget you can always keep up to date with Rufus’ Instagram account. Be sure to give us a cheeky follow!