So hi potential employer!
So, we’ve probably just had an interview or I’ve sent you an application form referencing my blog. And you’ve probably googled me or searched for my blog name and found it. So, hiya! Welcome to Blogger & The Geek.
You can either loose yourself in posts about my dog or read about my inner ramblings. It’ll give you a sense of who I am and what I’m about (Spoiler: it’s the crazy dog lady) or, I can tell you the reasons why you should employ me.
Before I start I wanted to get across this: I know I have no working in an office experience of what job I’ve applied for. I know and the countless jobs I’ve really wanted have told me that too. But you shouldn’t let that deter you from employing me. You see, the job I do at the moment – I’m really, really good at it and it’s something I have very little interest in. I’m only applying for positions that I want to be in and where my true talents lie. So, please do not let that sway you.
- In my current role after a month of joining the team, I had my own case load within a month. I jump straight into the challenge and I learn on my feet and being a crazy, fast learner is one of my strongest points.
- I make an excellent cup of tea.
- I’m a whizz on the PC. I’ve used a computer since I was about six years old and I can pretty much fix most problems. I’ve been the ‘go to’ ICT person in my past few roles.
- In the last financial year, I bought in £5m into my current employer. That was out of target of £8m between 2 of us.
- I work full time, run a blog in my free time, manage social media accounts, about to do a diploma in digital marketing. I’m also planning a wedding and trying to have a social life in the middle of it somewhere. So, I guarantee my organisational and time management skills are pretty top notch.
- I can provide cute dog pictures on demand.
- I really like people and I get on with them. I like making work friends. I like knowing about people’s lives. You’ll never see me hiding in a corner and not getting involved in the office dynamic.
- I’m always 10 minutes early to everything and cannot stand lateness.
- Whilst at University, I kept a full time job through the 3 years of my studies and worked all over the summer.
- I smash every single target I’ve given (except my Slimming World one). When I worked in a call centre, I received around 4 weeks training and smashed the 56 interaction target every single day. I’m a competitive soul but incredibly conscientious. I won’t do a bad job.
- I’ve worked with a number of different brands through my blog, such as Gala Bingo, Ice Lolly, Guru Pet Food, RSPCA. If you want to see my media pack and current stats, please drop me an email.
- I have taken the lead on a number of different projects in my current role. This includes a company incentive that I was given 4 hours notice to start and a huge conversion of rental properties. I’ve delivered training to colleagues, put procedures into place and created reports on the different projects to feed back to management.
So, if you want to take a chance on someone, I promise I won’t let you down. I’m full of surprises (good ones!) and I don;t let my employers or company down.