This one is a bit of a weird one.
The day this post goes live is our wedding day. The day Blogger Weds The Geek. The day my fiance becomes my husband.
Won’t lie to you, bit of a weird feeling.
I wanted speeches to be traditional at our wedding. I wanted my Dad, the best man and The Geek to speak. No one likes repetitve speeches and let’s face it, everyone wants it to be hurried up so they can go and get pissed. But, I wanted to have my say. I wanted to express my love to my husband to be. So I thought, this is my space on the internet and if I was writing a speech, I would point out exactly what life lessons he’s taught me. Instead of a speech, he can have it engraved on the internet forever.
Happy Wedding Day to my favourite person in the world. The last 8 years have been a whirlwind of adventure; drunken antics, tears, happiness, laughter, road trips, Rufus Hounds, travel and everything else in between. I cannot wait to spend my life with you and have my favourite Gingerbread man by my side forever. So, here’s the 12 things I’ve learnt from you, my husband to be:
1. No matter how drunk you are; always take your trousers off standing up. Do not struggle like a tortoise taking them off to make yourself throw up the eight pints of Guinness you drank a few hours before.
2. Always be a surprise. Never give people your all because it’s worth the surprise when they figure out what you are all about.
3. Who is emptying the bin will always cause a disagreement. It’s a job everyone hates and it’s still going to be a job we hate even when we are married.
4. If in doubt, windmill.
5. Make the most of every event you’d rather not attend. Whack a smile on, have a dance because you’ll have a better time than moping about it.
6. Taking a hipflask full of rum to a wedding is the best way to save for your own wedding.
7. Travel is the best thing we’ve ever bought together (except Rufus). Whether it’s partying in Belgium, spontaneous trips to Denmark or eating £200.00 meals in Scarborough one night and eating Chicago Town Pizza’s the next. The memories will always make me the happiest because it’s time spent with you.
8. It is possible to pack your life in a 3 door Volkswagen Polo if you’ve played enough Tetris.
9. Never ever stop learning. Just because you have the job, don’t stop learning new skills. Whether it’s fencing, coding or basic DIY.
10. Some people can actually just have one piece of chocolate. They are rare specimens but they do not empty the fridge when they’ve had a bottle of wine.
11. There will always be one meal you cook but will always boycott for a night out
12. There’s no one else who I could imagine doing this crazy adventure with. Always stick with the person who challenges you, helps you and brings laughter into your life. Be with the person who makes you want to be a better person and helps you grow. Life will always be a magical adventure with you by my side.