The inspiration for this post came whilst I was cleaning my bathroom on Wednesday night after Rufus covered it in fox poo. Who knew my life was so glam? Anyway, whilst cleaning, I realised that this weekend was the first weekend I’ve had to myself in about a month. And after that, all the excitement hit me.
I mean, I had errands to run on Saturday. I had to take Rufus to the groomers to have his haircut (which is so annoying when I had to bath him 2 days previous..) and clean my house, but Sunday, Sunday was totally mine. I love Sunday’s, especially with gorgeous spring weather and I believe that a good Sunday will set you up for a week. Sunday’s where your travelling back from somewhere with an empty fridge and a messy house are not the one.
So, how do I have the perfect Sunday?
- A Sunday WalkNothing beats getting up early and going on a walk. It gets your heart beating and blood pumping. Recently, I’ve found it really therapeutic walking along the canal or near water. It’s just a great way to gather all your thoughts and be away from your phone and laptop. Plus, it’s an excellent way to burn some calories!
- Good FoodSunday is usually my cheat day. I always have a good, fresh and awesome meal to set me up for the week. i don’t reach for the takeaway menus, it’s always something I’ll cook. Whether it’s a Sunday roast, a pasta bake or just something simple like fajitas, it makes me and my belly happy. Also, if you’ve got enough for left overs, that’s Monday nights tea sorted too!
- Family timeSunday is usually the day my older brother pops down to my parents and I can catch up with all of them at the same time. There’s always the essence of time when I go to my parent’s house in the week; I’ve always go to wash my hair, schedule tweets or something silly. But, Sunday’s are definitely one of my favourite days for catching up with them.
- Organise for the weekI’m not a morning person – not at all. I’m seriously like a zombie whatever time I get up and it’s even worse on a Monday. I always make sure I meal plan my meals for the week and have something ready to chuck in the slow cooker on Monday morning. I’ll schedule my tweets at least two days in advance, prep my lunch for the morning and pack my bag for work. Seriously, it goes along way when you don’t want to get up in the morning!
- PamperSunday night = pamper night. It means a nice long bubble bath, hair washing, a thorough skin cleanse and just genuinely feel good vibes. With the week being so hectic I find it so important to find time for myself. I usually catch up with youtube and blog posts whilst I chill out
How do you guys have the perfect Sunday?